Monday, August 20, 2007

Weekend




This past weekend was relatively eventful.
It made me realize how much I like talking to/meeting people.

A friend took a slow train here from Tokyo on Friday.
On his way, he got off the train at Yui and then walked to the next station, Okitsu, to enjoy the scenery of those old houses in the area and got back on a train from there to Yaizu, where his parents live. I found it a crazy thing but also a fun thing to do. No surprise that he got tanned and looked almost red even before we started drinking.

Next time I would like to meet him in Tokyo and would like him to show me his cameras.

-----

I ran into some of my friends that are DJs before meeting up with him.
They said that they were waiting for me to show up at their club two weekends in a row and that I had been missed. How sweet.

-----

Saturday night was for clubbing, not at said club though.
I met some cool new people who knew how to party. Man, it was a lot of fun.
In a small city like Shizuoka, it was almost surprising that the club was full of foreigners. I liked the international atmosphere.

-----

A friend made his DJ debut on Sunday night so I went to check him out.
He was so freaking nervous that he could barely look down the dance floor.
The club only gave him one hour to play and I guess it was fair enough. I think he did a good job.
After he was finished, he came up to me sweating all over and told me enthusiastically how tense, but at the same time, how excited he was in the DJ booth.
I could tell that he felt truly alive when talking about his passion for music and DJ.

I was motivated to keep trying what I've been trying.
It was a good weekend after all.

No comments: