Thursday, August 16, 2007

盗撮

I took this photo because 1, I liked the way she dressed. 2, The bag she was holding was from Zara(I like it). 3, She didn't seem to care at all about the festival going on in front of her and kept talking on the phone and I found it funny.

She didn't know that I took a photo of her. This could be 盗撮?
I don't think she would have cared even if she knew though.

But if I was a guy and she knew what I was doing she would not have liked it I guess.

I saw this TV show this morning about guys who were video recording some girls in bikinis at the beach.
(I think it was the same TV show as John was talking about here)

Since it is a TV show the TV crews don't confront the creepy dude by themselves or take him to the police station right away but took the girls with them that were being shot by him and then make them say something to him.

Something like "You f**king loser, don't do it again, delete that video right now in front of us!"

It was funny that one of the girls said "I don't want this to happen again, but I guess I gotta deal with it. It can't be helped."

I think she got a point.
If you hang out in a public place like beaches wearing a sexy bathing suit maybe you should know that you attract attentions not only from young hot surfers but also from creepy dudes with their cameras.

Every prefecture has a regulation which bans any actions that give someone trouble.
It's vague I know. It can be applied widely.
Selling concert tickets at a ridiculous price, touching a girl's ass in the train, or touting for customers on the street to an adult-entertainment establishment violates this regulation.

Taking pictures of women for sexual purpose without their permission is then illegal, but not in all cities. It depends on what kind of local ordinance your city/prefecture has against it.
In 27 prefectures, 盗撮 is banned and specified in the regulations now.

(but you often see a TV news where girls in bikini are hanging around the beach and the narration goes like "today was the hottest day this summer and the beach/pool was crowded with people as you can see in the video......." i don't think they ask the girls for permission.)

Anyway.
There was no such regulations in Wakayama prefecture until 2003 and a bunch of those losers went to the beaches there during the summer, with their cameras.
It must have been a paradise for them.

Now they have a regulation that bans indecent actions like taking covert pictures.
Accordingly Wakayama is not a paradise for them anymore.

No comments: