Friday, August 31, 2007

S-pulse vs King Kazu


The guy in the first pic ture is from Shizuoka. He is now 40 years old and is the oldest player in J-league.

When nobody thought it was possible for a Japanese guy to play for a foreing club team, he went to Brazil and was pretty succesful back in 1980's. He has played in Italy too.
All the soccer fans in Shizuoka were(I hope they still are) proud of him.
He was the King of Japan's soccer for a long time.
He was a super star. All the ladies out there really loved him too.

Well, yeah. Past tense.

He is kind of a joke now. Quite different from Nakata, who retired when he could still have played, Kazu still continues to play as long as there is a team that needs him.
He plays for Yokohama FC now, who is in the last place in the rankings.
I guess they just needed his drawing power as a well-known player.

But I guess I still like him. I took a lot of pictures of him without really realizing it.
He should quite playing real soon though. He is getting too old.

Anyway.
I was happy that I got to watch the game on Wednesday night.
My favorite player in S-pulse scored and they won. After the game there were even fireworks outside the stadium. It was probably the last fireworks I'd seen this Summer.

No comments: