Monday, October 15, 2007

Two photo exhibitions


On Sunday I walked around the are where I usually drive past and then came across a photo lovers club office. They happened to have a photo exhibition there so I decided to check it out because it was free.
Turned out it was quite a nerdy exhibition. It happend to be the Train day in Japan on the 14th of October, which I had no idea, and they had some photos of Shinkansens displayed. Beautiful burret trains.

When I walked in there everybody(all nerdy looking dudes) seemed surprised and couldn't stop staring at me trying to figure out how a girl like me ended up there. Some guys said hi to me but most of them seemed more interested in trains than girls.

I didn't stay there too long.


After that I took a train to see another photo exhibition which cost me 1000 yen and it was absolutely worth it. The photographer, Kimura Ihei, took photos of daily life in Showa period in Tokyo, Akita, Okinawa and other places in Japan with his Leica.

I like snapshots.

No comments: