Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Funny




I don't know about the second half of this video(because...you know I love cats), but the first part is awesome.
It reminds me of when I called up some companies to cancel my friend's contracts about a year ago.

First I told an Internet provider honestly that I was calling on behalf of a friend who was a foreigner.
The dude on the phone asked me how I knew her, why I was helping her and so on. He needed my phone number and address and everything, which was annoying, and then he told me to put the friend on the phone to confirm that she really had asked me to cancel her contract. I had already given him her address, phone number, log-in ID and all the information he needed but it wasn't enough for him.

I learned that it would be better if I just pretended that I was her.

So I called NTT and told them her name when asked what my name was.
The lady on the phone had to ask me twice if I was really Miss Montgomery.
She should have given me a compliment on how fluent I was at Japanese instead of being so suspicious.
Japanese people should know that there are some people whose name sound like foreigners but speak fluent Japanese. Well, I was just pretending as if I was one of them, but anyway it went a lot more smoothly than it did with the dude above.

Oh did I mention that I had to use fake gaijin accents to convince her that I was Miss Montgomery?
She was nice enough to speak slowly and clearly for me.
It was an interesting experience.

2 comments:

dellbell10 said...

Yeah, I didn't really like the second half but the first half is hilarious!! I remember that day too ;)

Unknown said...

Kia ora, Miss montgomery.
I miss you girl!