Monday, October 13, 2008

Nikon salon




Shinjuku Nikon salon....that's where I first met John.
I showed Tatyana a Polaroid photo that John took of me the day when we met, and she said "who is this?".

Yeah, I look different now.

John's exhibit was absolutely great.
I am happy that I had a little hand in it by translating his statements.
You can find it here.

His show this time was about Gaijin Stare.
It is a stare you get from other gaijins on the street if you are a gaijin.

I realized that I have a similar experience to it.
It is Mini Cooper Glance for me.

When I am driving my Mini Cooper I get a glance from other Mini drivers when we drive past each other on the road.I feel like I get checked out if I was qualified to drive a Mini.

Maybe I should try and take photos of those drivers too.
Ummmm.....probably not.

No comments: