Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's dying



My favorite watch is dying.
It was handed down to me from my father.I think it is from 70's.
Recently its batery run out so I took it to a watch store.
They put a new battery in the watch and it can turn on and show digits on the screen, but one of the buttons on the side that is used to set the clock seemed to have been broken sometime after the last time my father changed a battery a while back.

I asked if they could fix it and they said it would be difficult because the watch was too old and they were not sure if they could get any electronic parts neccessary.

Crap.

It made me realize how I am surrounded by things that can be pieces of crap if there is no electrocity for them.

That's really scary.

3 comments:

Dave Rinehart said...

I've only had my watch nine years, but it died last week too. I gave it to a girl at school to give to her dad who runs a tokeiyasan, and she gave it back to me with a new battery and note explaining in English and Japanese that "dust and hurt are outstanding" (I think he used Google translate or something like that) so it might not last much longer. And it didn't - only a week!! Now it's dead. I really liked that watch, I lose small stuff all the time but I wore that watch every day for nine years and never lost it. (Probably cuz I was wearing it.) Now I'm kind of bitter about having to buy a new watch and even looked online for my exact same watch but couldn't find it. :( Anyway I wrote the tokeiyasan guy a letter in Japanese thanking him for trying to fix it and explaining the damage in English and Japanese...a teacher helped fix my mistakes this time around. ;D

Unknown said...

Dust and hurt of my watch were outstanding as well, I suppose.

I'm sorry to hear your watch died.
It makes you bummed huh?I know the feeling.

Hey, will I get an invite to read your blog?

Dave Rinehart said...

yeah of course...give me your e-mail though. you'll be the first invited! I haven't invited anyone yet cuz I'm lazy, and I had to suddenly shut off it being public because someone left a super creepy anonymous comment. your site gets a few of those as well sometimes, so watch out...